BCI – Better Cotton Initiative
António Salgado is a proudly member of the Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) – a global nonprofit organization – the biggest cotton sustainability program in the world. BCI exists to improve global cotton production for the people who produce it, it is better for the growing environment and better for the future of the sector. BCI’s goal is to transform cotton production around the world by developing Better Cotton as an increasingly used sustainable feedstock.
– Reduce the environmental impact of cotton production
– Improve livelihoods and economic development in cotton growing areas
– Improve Better Cotton’s commitment and flow throughout its logistics chain.
– Ensure the credibility and sustainability of the Better Cotton Initiative
Oeko-Tex® Standard 100
This certification applies to production facilities in all stages of the textile process, from fiber production, spinning, weaving to finishing and confection, providing added value for continuous improvement in production practices, aiming at environmental protection and social responsibility, as well as process efficiency.
Read more about the Better Cotton Initiative in bettercotton.org
We are also currently implementing:
– Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) / Organic Content standard (OCS)
– Global Recycle Standard (GRS) / Recicled Claim Standard (RCS)